10/27/11

Disarmingly Modern



Post card design for the below exhibition. The image reflects some of the sculpture's process in reinventing the Venus de Milo. (click for larger image)

Disarmingly Modern:
A solo exhibition of sculptures by Ned Fry



Public Opening Reception
First Friday, November 4th
6PM -10PM.

At Gallery5
200 W Marshall St
Richmond, VA 23222
www.gallery5arts.org


Ned Fry is a Charlottesville, Virginia native and a recent sculpture graduate from Virginia Commonwealth University. He is an aspiring artist who’s work is gaining popularity across the state.


“I make art to fulfill a visual and mental need.... It is my dream for others to see and experience what goes on inside my mind and to share with them my visions, love, dreams and desires in physical form. It is essential that I make art for myself and others.”


The process of creating an art piece, to me, is very random. There is no written step by step plan. I just live my life and ideas reveal themselves through my experiences and actions. This can be seen in my most current series of artworks based around the armless statue of Venus de Milo.”

No comments: